Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Musical UK

One of the many things I'm making sure I get an experience out of it is plays and musicals. I am so lucky to be in the city where rich history of plays and appreciation for culture is well preserved. Followings are what I have watched so far


Shakespeare's Macbeth
Oxford Playhouse

Pro: Outdoor play. Amazing weather, glass of wine or pimms, and a good old Shakespeare's play in the heart of Oxford University, a pound blanket to keep yourself warm
Cons: some drunk people laughing in inappropriate scenes


Grease
Oxford New Theatre

Pro: amazing stage production, very entertaining, easily recognizable songs, and watching an American musical produced by British, ice cream sold during the intermission! → This seems to be a regular theater culture for the British. I like!!
Cons: I could not find any! it was amazing

Chicago
Cambridge Theatre, London

Pro: very, VERY sexy musical. both men and women will enjoy this play. Same with Grease, it was interesting to see the British interpretation of the musical. 
Cons: small stage and relatively weak in stage props. but the power of actors and actresses outweigh these drawbacks 


My friends and I were able to get amazing seats for almost half the price for the musicals by going on the day of the show. Definitely a must-do! Will update this blog when I get to see more in London =)

No comments:

Post a Comment