Thursday, July 7, 2011

Manchester 7/2-7/3/2011


I had the pleasure of traveling to Manchester with Gawon (언니 :D) for the weekend.
In front of Imperial War Museum in Manchester, UK
My impression of Manchester: the remnants of industrial age beautifully mixed with modern taste.
one of my favorite building: Science & Industry Museum: mix of glass and red bricks

Tall glass building on the left: Armani; Brick building on the right: University of Manchester John Rylands Library



cool glass sculpture leading downstairs

Manchester had really good museums for free: Science & Industry Museum and Imperial War Museum. Imperial War Museum was especially awesome- it had collected thousands of articles collected during WWI, WWII, and Cold War, ranging from a general's secret diary during his capture in Japan to a propaganda poster. One of my favorite:
It shows so well how the life of British was affected during WWII. 

But what else is Manchester famous for?
Yesss I visited Old Trafford Stadium, home ground for Manchester United!
I toured around the stadium in beautiful breezy weather

Sadly it was off-season for the players so no, I didn't get to go to a game or watch them practice.... But I did go into their changing room!
Just thinking that Korea's national hero changes his sweaty shirt here in this room made me skip a heart beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment